Monday, July 2, 2018

Fun For All Storytime: "Let's Make Some Music!

This Fun For All Storytime was presented at Bellevue Public Library on June 21, 2018.

Let's Make Some Music!

Books:
Our Marching Band by Lloyd Moss, illustrated by Diana Cain Bluthenthal





Groovy Joe: Dance Party Countdown by Eric Litwin, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld




Songs:
Let's Make Some Noise by Raffi

The Noise Song by Joe Wise

Half the greatest noises in the whole wild world come from me...
Come from me and you, oh,
Half the greatest noises in the whole wide world come from me...
From me and you!

Activity:
After reading "Our Marching Band", I mentioned to the children how fun it would be if WE could form a marching band.  I asked if any of the children had brought a musical instrument with them to storytime.  After lamenting the fact that no one had an instrument, one youngster came forward and pointed to the box of rhythm instruments laying on a nearby table.  "I know, Mrs. B.!  We can use THESE instruments!"
So that's what we did!  Children and parents were invited to choose a rhythm instrument and then we marched our band right through the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment