Thursday, November 8, 2012

Breakfast and a Book!

Presented at Leonard Lawrence Elementary School on Thursday, November 8, 2012.

Book:

Senorita Gordita by Helen Ketteman, illustrated by Will Terry




I really enjoyed my time at Leonard Lawrence Elementary School this morning! 


My thanks to Miss Brown and Mrs. Skoff for inviting me!  So great to see parents and children sitting together, enjoying donuts and juice, and READING!  Kids were reading all kinds of things: a pet care book, Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback, Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin, and many more.
I hope everyone enjoyed Senorita Gordita this morning.  By the time I reached the last page of the story, many children had already seen the similarity between this book and the story of The Gingerbread Man!  Yes, this is a fractured folktale!  Thanks to everyone who joined in "with a flip, and a skip, and a zip-zoom-zip" each time Senorita Gordita gave the slip to some very hungry desert animals!





I've been told that Leonard Lawrence's next Breakfast and a Book will be in the spring of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment