Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pets!

Presented to the students in Miss Jenny's Head Start classroom at Golden Hills School on Monday, April 29, 2013.

Books:
Before You Were Mine by Maribeth Boelts, illustrated by David Walker





How to Raise a Dinosaur by Natasha Wing, illustrated by Pablo Bernasconi




Not Norman: A Goldfish Story by Kelly Bennett, illustrated by Noah Z. Jones



Songs:


I Wish I Was a Bunny
(tune: "Did You Ever See a Lassie?")

I wish I was a bunny, a bunny, a bunny,
I wish I was a bunny, 'cause bunnies can hop!
They hop, and hop, and hop, and hop.
I wish I was a bunny, 'cause bunnies can hop!

Additional verses:
I wish I was a dog... a kitten... parakeet..
 
 
Activities:

The Gecko
The gecko's trick is climbing walls.
Like glue it sticks and rarely falls.
Across the ceiling it might roam,
But don't you try this at home!

My last visit to Miss Jenny's class for the 2012-2013 school year will be on Monday, May 20.  I look forward to seeing everyone then!
  ~Mrs. B.
 






Each storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).
Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library®, PLA and ALSC logos are registered trademarks of the American Library Association and are used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment