Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baby & Me Storytime ~ June 3 & 4, 2015

This Baby & Me Storytime was presented at Bellevue Public Library on June 3 & 4, 2015.


Book:
Rain, Rain, Go Away by Caroline Jayne Church


Songs:



My Little Baby
(tune "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah")

My little baby is _______(sing child's name)
Cutest little baby I kno-o-o-ow
My little baby is _______

And I love you so!


You Are My Sunshine

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away!



Hello, Friends!
(tune: "Goodnight Ladies")
Hello friends.

Hello friends.
Hello friends.
We're glad you came today!



Rhymes:

Pizza, Pizza Pumpernickel
Pizza, pizza pumpernickel,
(gently pat child's legs in rhythm on the underlined syllables)
My little baby shall have a tickle.
(continue patting child's leg )
One on the nose,
(gently tickle child's nose)
And one on the toes,
(tickle toes)
And one on the tummy
(gently pat child's leg in rhythm on the underlined syllables)
where the pizz-a goes!

(gently pat child's tummy in rhythm on the underlined syllables)



X Marks the Spot!

X marks the spot,
(use finger to trace an X on Baby's back or tummy)
with a dot, dot, dot!
(make three gently pokes on Baby's body)
And a d-a-s-h,
(trace one finger slowly across Baby's back or tummy)
And a d-a-s-h,
(repeat)
And a question mark!
(use finger to trace a question mark on Baby's back or tummy)

Tickle up!
(move tickling fingers up Baby's body )
Tickle down!
(move tickling fingers down Baby's body)
Tickle Baby all around!
(tickle everywhere!)

















Each Baby & Me Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

No comments:

Post a Comment