Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas

Presented at Welcome School on Friday, December 14, 2012.

Books:

Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney




A Star So Bright by M. Christina Butler, illustrated by Caroline Pedler



Flannel Story:

"Spider's Christmas Surprise" adapted from a German folktale by Jean Warren
(C) Jean Warren www.preschoolexpress.com.  To see the text of this wonderful story click here.




Songs:

Jingle Bells

Jingle bells, jingle bells,
jingle all the way.
Oh, what fun it is to ride in a
one-horse open sleigh! (2x)

Dashing through the snow
In a one-horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go,
Laughing all the way!
Bells on bobtail ring,
Making spirits bright.
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight!
 

Way Down in Bethlehem

There was a little baby, O my Lord,
There was a little baby, O my Lord.
There was a little baby, O my Lord,
Way down in Bethlehem,
Way down in Bethlehem.

They laid Him in a manger...
The shepherds came to see Him...
The star shone high above them...
They named the baby Jesus...

Wesley and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Welcome School today!  Wesley was a little disappointed that the children could not see all the Christmas decorations he had put up in his house.  There just wasn't enough room for everyone inside his shell!  Our very impatient friend Llama Llama came with us and enjoyed meeting the children - and eating their snacks!

I loved learning a new song again this month - the children always have such fun songs to teach me!  Now I know how to sing "I'm a Little Christmas Tree"!

To the wonderful students and staff of Welcome School I wish a very merry, blessed Christmas!
   ~Mrs. B.



No comments:

Post a Comment