Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby & Me Storytime

This storytime was presented at Bellevue Public Library on Tuesday, February 11, and Thursday, February 13, 2014.

Book:
Hugs & Kisses by Roberta Grobel Intrater





Songs:

Skinnamarink

Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-dink
Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-doo
I love you!
Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-dink
Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-doo
I love you!

I love you in the morning
And in the afternoon.
I love you in the evening
And underneath the moon, oh,

Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-dink
Skinnamarink-a-dink-a-doo
I love you!

Here is a Youtube video of this song!




I Can Make My Baby Smile!
(tune: "Do You Know The Muffin Man?")

I can make my baby smile,
My baby smile, my baby smile.
I can make my baby smile
When I tickle your nose!

When I tickle your...tummy...neck...toes


Rhymes:

Kissy, Kissy Fingers

Kissy, kissy fingers,
Kissy, kissy toes!
Kissy, kissy baby on your
kissy, kissy nose!

I love to kiss your fingers,
I love to kiss your toes!
I love to kiss you baby on your
kissy, kissy nose!



I Have a Little Heart

I have a little heart 
And it goes thump, thump, thump.
(place hand over baby's heart and gently pat, pat, pat in rhythm)
It keeps right on beating 
When I jump, jump. jump.
(gently lift baby or bounce on your lap)

I get a special feeling
When I look at you,
(point to your eyes)
It makes me want to give you
A kiss or two!
(give one, two, or MANY kisses!)


Our activity this week was Jigsaw Puzzles!


Library News:
This week we welcomed new friends Gwynnavier, Courtney, Brooklyn, Mya, Micah and Micah's big sister (whose name, I'm afraid, I have forgotten!)
and we celebrated with Clara who is having a birthday this week!
Next week's Baby and Me Storytimes will be held on February 18 & 20, 2014!

Photos and a video from this week!:

































Each Baby & Me Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

1 comment:

  1. Had to come check out the pics. Love the one of Brilyn sneaking off to play the guitar. Little stinker. I see she isn't sitting down for anyone else!

    ReplyDelete