Monday, March 24, 2014

Crazy for Dr. Seuss!

This Outreach Storytime was presented to students in Mrs. Gerdes' Head Start classrooms at Belleaire Elementary on Tuesday, March 18 and at Fort Crook Elementary on Thursday, March 20, 2014.

Books:

I Wish That I Had Duck Feet by Dr Seuss





Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss





Would You Rather Be a Bullfrog? by Dr. Seuss








Songs:

Feet Are Tapping
(tune: "Skip to My Lou")

Feet are tapping, tap, tap, tap!
Feet are tapping, tap, tap, tap!
Feet are tapping, tap, tap, tap!
Tap your toes, my friends!

Feet are dancing, dance, dance, dance...

Feet are stomping, stomp, stomp, stomp...

Feet are clapping, clap, clap...What??!  
     Feet are CLAPPING??!!
     Yep! Try sitting on the floor, lifting your legs and CLAPPING your feet!
     It's what Dr. Seuss would do!

What other ideas can you think of?

While I was singing this with the students, I said that my feet were getting tired from all that tapping, dancing, stomping and clapping.  So it was probably no surprise that my feet started to SNORE!

Feet are snoring...(make snoring sound - the louder and sillier, the better!)
Feet are snoring...(make snoring sound)
Feet are snoring...(make snoring sound)
Go to sleep, my friends.  Zzzzzzzz.

I really enjoyed meeting Mrs. Gerdes,  Miss Suzette and their students!  This was my first visit to Fort Crook Elementary School - but hopefully not my last!  The children at both schools were awesome listeners and enthusiastic participants!!
  ~ Mrs. B.




Each Outreach Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

No comments:

Post a Comment