Thursday, February 7, 2013

Peter Sarpy Preschool - Clothes!

Presented to Mrs. VanMeeteren's morning and afternoon preschool classes at Peter Sarpy Elementary School on Thursday, February 7, 2013.

Books:

In My New Yellow Shirt by Eileen Spinelli, illustrated by Hideko Takahashi
(The students learned about using their IMAGINATION - a very big word which means "to pretend"!  The little boy in this story has a very vivid imagination!)


















The Jacket I Wear In The Snow by Shirley Neitzel, illustrated by Nancy Winslow Parker
(This cumulative story, read to the morning class only, lists all the clothes we have to put on before we head out to go sledding)
























Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London, illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz
(Froggy can't wait to play in the snow!  But will he take his time and put on everything he needs?!  With a zzp! zzp!  zzp! he thinks he's ready to head out the door, but... something's missing!)

















Song:

If Your Clothes Have Any Red
(tune: "If You're Happy and Your Know It")

If your clothes have any red, any red,
If your clothes have any red, any red,
If your clothes have any red, any red,
Put your finger on your head,
If your clothes have any red, any red.

If your clothes have any pink...give me just a little wink...
If your clothes have any white...then please smile with all your might...
If your clothes have any brown...turn that smile into a frown...
If your clothes have any black...put your hands behind your back...



(I enjoyed singing "The Wheels on the Bus" with the afternoon students!  Thanks for suggesting this fun song!)


I brought my puppet friend, Luna, to Peter Sarpy today to talk to the children about wearing the right clothes for the weather or the activity.  She asked them to name articles of clothing, then incorporated them into her rhyme.



Here are the rhymes she shared:

What would I wear if I went to the store,
And outside it was raining?
In a raincoat, boots and umbrella
You'd never hear me complaining.

What would I wear if I went to the beach,
With the sand and the sea and the sun?
I'd wear a swimsuit, sunglasses and sunscreen
Oh what fun!

What would I wear on a hot summer day,
When the temperature is ninety-nine?
My shorts and a tank top are both nice and cool,
Either of them would be fine.

What would I wear to play out in the snow,
When the cold winter wind is blowing?
I'd wear a coat, a scarf and some mittens,
And boots on my feet 'cause it's snowing.

My thanks to Mr. Weber and to Mrs. "Van" and her assistants for helping us feel so welcome!  Luna and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Peter Sarpy Elementary!

~ Mrs. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment