Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baby & Me Storytime

This storytime was presented at Bellevue Public Library on Tuesday, January 14 and Thursday, January 16, 2014.

Book:
Peek-a-Boo! by Roberta Grobel Intrater





Songs:

Where is Baby?
(tune: "Frere Jacques")

Where is (baby's name)?
Where is (baby's name)?
There you are!
There you are!
I'm so glad to see you!
I'm so glad to see you!
Peek-a-boo!
Peek-a-boo!
We use this song to help us get to know each other a little better.  As we go around the circle, each adult introduces him/herself and their little one.  We then sing to the baby, inserting the child's name into the song!

Hickory, Dickory Dock

Hickory Dickory Dock,
The mouse ran up the clock, (walk fingers up child's arm or back)
The clock struck one, (clap once)
The mouse ran down, (run fingers down baby's arm or back)
Hickory Dickory Dock!

...The clock struck two (clap twice)
The mouse said, "Wooo!"...

...The clock struck three (clap 3 times)
The mouse said, Wheee!"...

...The clock struck four (clap 4 times)
The mouse said, "No more!"...


You Are My Sunshine

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.  
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take
My sunshine away.


Rhymes:

Jelly on My Head

Jelly on my head,
Jelly on my toes.
Jelly on my shirt and
Jelly on my toes.

Laughin' and a-lickin'
Havin' me a time,
Jelly on my belly
But I like it fine!


I Have a Little Heart

I have a little heart
And it goes thump, thump, thump.
It keeps right on beating
When I jump, jump, jump.
I get a special feeling
When I look at you.
It makes me want to give you
A kiss or two!


Two Little Hands

Two little hands go clap, clap, clap.
Two little hands lay in my lap.
Two little feet go bump, bump, bump.
Two little feet give one big jump!
Two little hands reach oh, so high.
Two little hands wave bye, bye, bye.




Our activity this week was Bean Bags!
Our little ones - and the adults, too! - get very creative when it comes to play time. There are so many ways to play with bean bags!























We were having so much fun that 2 maintenance workers 
came to crash our party!


Our little ones get lots of practice putting things away 

at Baby & Me Storytime!





Library News:
This week we welcomed our newest friend Katherine!
We celebrated with Katherine and Rory, both of whom celebrated a birthday in the past couple of weeks.

Our next Baby and Me Storytime will be Tuesday, January 21 and Thursday, January 23, 2014!








Each Baby & Me Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).


No comments:

Post a Comment