Sunday, January 12, 2014

Welcome School

This storytime was presented at Welcome School on Friday, December 20, 2013.


Books:

Little Robin's Christmas by Jan Fearnley




I adapted this story and presented it to the children as a flannelboard story.  Children familiar with this story might be able to retell the story!


Minerva Louise on Christmas Eve by Janet Morgan Stoeke






Before I returned to the Bellevue Public Library, the children taught me a funny song and a cute action rhyme!:


Peppermint Stick Song
(tune: "The Grand Old Duke of York")

Oh, I took a lick of my peppermint stick (pretend to lick finger)
And I thought it tasted yummy! (lick lips)
It used to be on my Christmas tree, (draw a tree in the air)
but I like it better in my tummy. (rub tummy)


This Little Elf 
(Imitate all motions)

This little elf likes to hammer.
This little elf likes to saw.
This little elf likes to splash on paint.
And this little elf likes to draw.

This little elf likes best of all to put the cry in the baby doll. 
(Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama!)













I want to wish all the children, teachers and administrators at Welcome School a very blessed Christmas and a New Year that is filled with new friends, new discoveries and new opportunities! 
  ~ Mrs. B. 


 
                     


Each Outreach Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

No comments:

Post a Comment