Thursday, January 23, 2014

Never Underestimate the Power of Cabin Fever!

Thursday, January 23, 2014.
This morning, as I was finishing up preparations for my 9:15  Baby & Me program, I posted this picture on my Facebook page...

with the following note:
My Field of Dreams.
I'm all set up for this morning's Baby & Me Storytime - for parents and little ones from birth-24 months.
But it is 2 degrees outside with a windchill of -25.  I've built it...but will they come?

A short time later I added: I've been corrected by a colleague.  It's actually -4 degrees outside.

About an hour later I posted:  I built it...but did they come?  You bet!





One grandma, one daddy, 8 mommies and 9 babies collectively laughed in the face of Old Man Winter as they made their way across the parking lot and into our warm, cozy room. I think everyone had a good time as we sang, clapped, played and learned!

Click here to see all the fun things we did!

  ~Mrs. B.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm in Indiana and experiencing the same freezing temps you are. (-10, anyone?) I'm glad you had a great turnout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm looking forward to reading your blog! It looks fun!!

      Delete