Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baby & Me Storytime

Presented at Bellevue Public Library on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book:

You & Me, Baby by Reiser and Gentieu



Songs:

Hands Up High
(tune: "London Bridge")

First we have our hands up high, hands up high, hands up high.
First we have our hands up high, then we clap them!

Then we roll our hands down low, hands down low, hands down low.
Then we roll our hands down low, then we hide them!


Welcome Song!

At Storytime we had (child's name) today.
We're so glad, let's shout "Hooray"!

We repeat this song until all adults have had a chance to introduce themselves and their children/grandchildren, and all the little ones have been sung to!



Activities:

Slowly, Slowly

Slowly, slowly, very slowly creeps the garden snail.

Slowly, slowly, very slowly up the wooden rail.

Quickly, quickly, very quickly runs the little mouse.

Quickly, quickly, very quickly 'round about the house!


Jelly

Jelly on my head,

Jelly on my toes.

Jelly on my shirt and

Jelly on my nose.

Laughin' and a'lickin',

Having me a time,

Jelly on my belly,

But I like it fine!


I Have a Little Heart

I have a little heart

 and it goes thump, thump, thump.

It goes right on beating

When I jump, jump, jump!

I get a special feeling

When I look at you.

It makes me want to give you

A kiss or two!


Our Hands Say Goodbye

Our hands say goodbye with a clap, clap, clap.
Our feet say goodbye with a tap, tap, tap.
Clap, clap, clap,
Tap, tap, tap.
We roll our hands around and say... "Let's do it again!"

Our hands say goodbye with a clap, clap, clap.
Our feet say goodbye with a tap, tap, tap.
Clap, clap, clap,
Tap, tap, tap.
We roll our hands around and say... "Goodbye!"


Our playtime activity today was puzzles!  So many ways to explore puzzles, whether it's trying to fit pieces into their spaces, feeling the soft fur on a rabbit puzzle piece or the long hair on a dog puzzle piece, looking at the pictures and colors on each piece, or even seeing how they taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment