Monday, October 29, 2012

Real and Pretend

Presented at Miss Jenny's and Miss Amy's Golden Hills Head Start classrooms on Monday, October 29, 2012.

Books:
Hi Pizza Man! by Virginia Walter, illustrated by Ponder Goembel



Honk! Honk! by Mick Manning and Brita Granstrom





Pick a Pet by Shelly Rottner and Cheo Garcia




Activities:

Our Hands Say Hello!

Our hands say hello with a clap, clap, clap.
Our feet say hello with a tap, tap, tap.


Clap, clap, clap,
Tap, tap, tap.
Turn around and take a bow.
Sit right down. It's Storytime now!



Sleeping Time

Down goes the sun and up comes the moon,
(bend down, then get up)

It will be sleeping time soon.
(place head on hands as is asleep)

Birds are quiet in their trees,
(place hands in underarms, folding elbows downward)

Cows and horses rest on their knees.
(Kneel down, touch chin to chest)

Sleepy children are tucked into bed,
(yawn, close eyes)

With good night kisses upon their heads.
(make kissing sound)


Song:

Storytime Has Ended
(tune: "Did You Ever See a Lassie?")

Storytime has ended, has ended, has ended.
Storytime has ended 'til we meet again.

(Children wave to each other as we continue)
'Til we meet, 'til we meet, 'til we meet, 'til we meet.
Storytime has ended 'til we meet again.



Mrs. B's Pre-Sliced Banana: Real or Pretend?

At Storytimes today I showed the children a banana and asked them if it was real or pretend.  The general consensus was that it was real!  I then told them that it was a special banana that was pre-sliced before it is peeled!  When I peeled the banana and showed them the slices, I admitted that there aren't really bananas that grow, pre-sliced, on trees.  It was just a trick I played on them!  To see how I did it, click here.

I enjoyed the time I spent with the children and teachers this morning!  Miss Jenny's class sang several songs with me, including "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", The ABC Song" and "Clap Your Hands".  Because of all their wonderful singing, I ran a little late and didn't have as much time with Miss Amy's class, although they also treated me to their rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and their own version of "The Chicken Dance"  I look forward to seeing the children again next month!











No comments:

Post a Comment