Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Papa Bear and Me Storytime

Presented at Bellevue Public Library on Tuesday, October 23, 2012.


Books:



Razzamadaddy by Linda Walvoord, illustrated by Sachiko Yoshikawa





Piggy and Dad Go Fishing by David Martin, illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz





Jack's New Boat by Sarah McMenemy





Grizzly Dad by Joanna Harrison


Activities:

I Wiggle My Fingers

I wiggle my fingers,
I wiggle my toes.
I wiggle my shoulders,
I wiggle my nose.
Now I have no more wiggles in me.
I'll put my hands down as quietly as can be.


Teddy Bear Rhyme

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, reach up high.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the sky.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, pat your knees.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, sit down, please!


Song:

Let's All Hammer

Let's all hammer with one hammer, one hammer, one hammer.
Let's all hammer with one hammer all day long!
(Pretend to hammer with one fist)

Additional verses:
Let's all hammer with two hammers... (Pretend to hammer with both fists!)
Let's all hammer with three hammers... (Hammer with both fists and tap one foot!)
Let's all hammer with for hammers... (Hammer with both fists and tap with both feet!)
Let's all hammer with five hammers... (Hammer with both fists, tap with both feet and nod your head!)

(At tonight's event the children and adults used rhythm sticks to hammer in time to the song, then added their feet and head for the last three verses!  I'm not sure who was having the most fun...if I hadn't been playing guitar I would have taken pictures!)

Children were sent home tonight with two fun games to play with their Papa Bear.  Here are the URLs if you want to make additional copies.  I printed our copies on cardstock for durability:

 
 
Along with seeing friends who are "regulars", we had a chance to make some new friends and say hello again to a special friend, Benny, visiting from Germany with his Papa Bear and Mama Bear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment