Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby & Me Storytime

Presented at Bellevue Public Library on Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM and 6:30 PM.

Book:

 Hugs and Kisses by Roberta Grobel Intrater







Songs:

Let's Shout Hooray!
(tune: "Old MacDonald")

At Storytime we have ( child's name ) today.
We're so glad, let's shout, "Hooray"!


You Are My Sunshine

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away!





Activities:

Pizza, Pizza, Pumpernickel

Pizza, pizza, pumpernickel,
My little baby shall have a tickle.
One on the nose,
And one on the toes,
And one on the tummy where the pizza goes!


Good Morning, Toes!

Good morning, toes,
Good morning, toes,
And how are you today?
I trust you had a good night's sleep
And now you're ready to play!

Good morning knees...eyes...hands...cheeks...etc.

For the evening program we changed the words slightly to reflect the time of day:
Hello, toes,
Hello, toes,
And how are you today?
I trust you had a nice long nap
And now you're ready to play!


I Saw a Snake Go By One Day
(© Lois Simmie) 

I saw a snake go by one day (make snake motion with arm)
Riding in his Chevrolet (hands on steering wheel)
He was long (extend arms to show "long")
And he was thin (arms show "thin")
And he didn't have a chin. (point to chin)

He had no chin,
But what the heck (shrug)
He had lots and lots and lots of neck! (Touch or tickle baby's neck)



This week's group activity was Beanbags!  Here are a couple pictures taken at the evening session:





We had great attendance again this week!  I love seeing all the beautiful babies and how wonderfully the parents/grandparents/caregivers interact with their little ones!  Thank you for sharing your wee ones with me.

  ~ Mrs. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment