Thursday, June 6, 2013

Baby & Me Storytime

Presented at Bellevue Public Library on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM and 6:30 PM.

Book:

Where Is Baby's Yummy Tummy? by Karen Katz


Songs:

Hello, Friends!
(tune: "Goodnight, Ladies")

Hello, Friends!  Hello, Friends!
Hello, Friends!  We're glad you came today!

(Usually I invite an adult to introduce him/herself and their child, and then we sing the song, substituting the child's name for the word "friends". We do this until everyone has been introduced and all the children have been serenaded.  Today's attendance at the morning session was so large that I opted not to sing verses for each individual child, so we just sang the "Hello, Friends" version)


Let's Shout Hooray!
(tune: "Old MacDonald")

At Storytime we have ( child's name ) today.
We're so glad, let's shout, "Hooray"!

Our evening session (2 moms and 2 wee ones!) afforded us the luxury of singing to each child individually!


I Can Make My Baby Smile
(tune: "Do You Know the Muffin Man")
(used at the evening session only)

I can make my baby smile,
My baby smile, my baby smile.
I can make my baby smile,
When I tickle your... tummy!

Find your baby's favorite tickle-spots and insert them in this song! 


Goodbye Song
(tune: "London Bridge")

Goodbye, goodbye, we'll see you soon.
See you soon, see you soon.
Goodbye, goodbye, we'll see you soon.
On another day!



Activities:


I'm Going to Dig a Hole

I'm going to dig a hole,
(circle finger above baby's tummy)
And I don't know where.
I think I'll dig a hole...
(make circle smaller)
Right...
There!
(tickle baby's belly button)


Two Little Pigs

Two little pigs lived in a pen.
(hold up thumbs)
Each had four babies and that made ten.
(show both hands)
These four babies were snowy white,
(wiggle fingers on one hand)
These four babies were black as night.
(wiggle other hand)
All eight babies loved to play,
(wiggle all fingers)
So they rolled and they rolled in the mud all day!
(roll hands)



When Cows Get Up In The Morning

When cows get up in the morning,
They always say, "Good day!"
When cows get up in the morning,
They always say, "Good day!"

"Moo, moo, moo, moo."
That's how they say "Good day!"
"Moo, moo, moo, moo."
That's how they say "Good day!"

Pigs...
Cats...
Dogs...
Sheep...

Gently bounce or rock your little one as you enjoy this rhyme together!

Our Playtime Activity for today was Musical Instruments! 










Each Baby & Me Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

Library News:
Our next Baby and Me Storytime will be Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM and repeated at 6:30 PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment