Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Real or Pretend

Presented at Miss Jenny's and Miss Amy's Golden Hills Head Start classrooms on Monday, October 28, 2013.

I enjoy presenting this theme, which fits in well this time of year.  Hopefully the stories and our conversations will help children differentiate between what is real and what is pretend when they see Halloween costumes, characters and decorations.


 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  

Oh no!  Today I woke up with laryngitis!  I don't feel sick, I just don't have a voice!




Not surprisingly, my puppet friend, Wesley, has laryngitis, too!  Thanks to my assistant Tammy for presenting my storytimes at Golden Hills this morning!  Tammy brought along her puppet friend, Henrietta, whose raccoon eyes always remind me of a Halloween mask!

  ~ Mrs. B.




Books:
Hi Pizza Man! by Virginia Walter, illustrated by Ponder Goembel





Pick a Pet by Shelly Rottner and Cheo Garcia





Song:

The children made several song requests, so Tammy led them in singing "Old MacDonald", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The ABC Song".


No comments:

Post a Comment