Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Papa Bear & Me

Presented by practicum student Bridget Mueting at Bellevue Public Library on Tuesday, March 26, 2013.

Books:

Because I Am Your Daddy by Sherry North, illustrated by Marcellus Hall






Daddy is a Cozy Hug by Rhonda Gowler Greene, illustrated by Maggie Smith





I Love My Daddy by Giles Andreae, illustrated by Emma Dodd







Song:

Welcome Song

The more we get together, together, together
The more we get together, the happier we'll be!
For your friends are my friends
And my friends are your friends,
The more we get together the happier we'll be!

The more we read together...
The more we sing together...
The more we play together...
The more we laugh together...
The more we get together...


My Dad's Life is Lucky
(Sung to "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean")

I think my Dad's life is lucky,
Come meet him and see.
I think that my Dad is so lucky,
'Cause he's got a kid and that kid is ME!
My Dad is so lucky,
My Dad has a kid and that kid is ME!
Oh he is so lucky,
I know he'll agree!

I think my Uncle's life is lucky...
I think my Grandpa's life is lucky...
I think my Brother's life is lucky...


Goodbye Song

(Sung to "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain")

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our friends, "Goodbye!"
Now it's time to say goodbye to all our friends, "Goodbye!"
Now it's time to say goodbye,
Wave your hands,
Wink your eye,
Now it's time to say goodbye to all our friends, "Goodbye!"


Here are some pictures and a video from tonight's storytime!!


Bridget introduced her puppet friend Bartholomew Bunny!


Listening as Bridget reads a story.




Daddy really IS a cozy hug!



Daddy makes a great lap to sit in, too!



"I wonder what Miss Bridget will read next?"


Children received a small gift of their choice after storytime tonight. 


Decisions...decisions...


Thanks, Bridget, for sharing stories and songs with us tonight!


Each Papa Bear & Me Storytime includes activities that support one or more of the five early literacy practices identified as essential in helping your child develop the skills they need before they can learn to read. The five practices – singing, talking, reading, playing and writing –were developed for Every Child Ready to Read®, an initiative of the Association for Library Services for Children (ALSC) and the Public Library Association (PLA).

Our next Papa Bear and Me Storytime will be on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 7 PM!

~ Mrs. B.


Every Child Ready to Read® @ your library®, PLA and ALSC logos are registered trademarks of the American Library Association and are used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment