Sunday, November 10, 2013

Getting to know...Henry Cole!

News flash!!
The Bookworm Bookstore will be welcoming author/illustrator Henry Cole on Thursday, November 14th, 2014 at 4:30 PM.  (Note: This is a change from what I previously posted!)

Henry Cole is a prolific author and illustrator whose stories are enjoyed by millions of children.  To learn more about his books you can visit his website


Do these pictures look familiar? 






They are just a few of the illustrations Henry provided for 2010's Summer Reading Program, "Make a Splash, READ!"

Here is a video of Henry Cole doing a quick sketch!

Some of the books written and illustrated by Henry Cole include:

Unspoken: A Story From the Underground Railroad



On Meadowview Street



On the Way to the Beach



Jack's Garden



These are some books which feature Henry's wonderful artwork:

Surfer Chick by Kristy Dempsey



Princess Pigtoria and the Pea by Pamela Duncan Edwards



Prairie Chicken Little by Jackie Mims Hopkins



Moosetache by Margie Palatini



Big Chickens by Leslie Helakoski



Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC by June Sobel



One of the stories (my favorite!) featured above includes the  repeated phrase, "...a rumbling and a grumbling and a tumbling..."
If you'd  like, you can email me at alice.boeckman@bellevue.net and let me know which book I am referring to.  One lucky winner from among the correct answers will win a signed copy of one of Henry's books.  This contest will run through Saturday, November 16.  Good luck!

Check back after November 14 to read more about my chance to meet Henry Cole, and see pictures from the evening!!  Or better yet, why not meet me at The Bookworm on Thursday, November 14!?
  ~ Mrs. B.

November 14, 2013 UPDATE!


I just got back from meeting Henry Cole at The Bookworm Bookstore!  I was able to meet him, have some pictures taken, and get several books autographed!  Here are some photos:











I had a great time meeting another one of my favorite authors and illustrators!  Hopefully you will get a chance to meet someone who, like Henry Cole, gets to share words and artwork with children across the country!
  ~ Mrs. B.

No comments:

Post a Comment